Pages

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Andis Trim N’ Go: Paw Grooming Tool

I do all of the fluff crew’s grooming myself. I am not a trained dog groomer, but I am a licensed cosmetologist and am a hairstylist as my career.


That being said, Molly is a puppy mill survivor. My mom adopted her from SASS Rescue in Urbana, Ohio in October 2015. Molly took a long time to get used to being bathed and groomed. Now she is actually the best behaved for her grooming sessions out of all four of the crew.

The only aspect of grooming Molly that I hadn’t been able to master was getting the fur off her paw pads and in between her toes. Molly’s paw pads are extremely sensitive and would bleed anytime I attempted to clean them up with trimmers. I resorted to just cutting what I could with scissors.

Here is a before shot of her paw pad:


Last week I had picked up the Andis Trim N’ Go while at the BlogPaws conference. It’s cordless, operates with a “AA” battery and fits nicely inside my palm. I was pleased that it runs very quietly, which is a huge help for grooming a nervous dog. I went to work on Molly’s paws with the trimmer. It cut through the fur with ease and Molly was much less nervous than any other time I have tried to do this. This was the first time all of her paws were shaped up and free of excess fur. I believe that each time I use the Trim N’ Go, Molly will become more and more comfortable with having her paws groomed.

After shot of Molly's paw:


Update: I have currently used this tool on Molly three times and am still getting great results!





No comments:

Post a Comment