Pages

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Brussels Griffon Cutie: Meet Lucy!



Lucy is a dog that makes me giggle at just a thought of her. Spindly little drumstick legs, a lady beard and a mean mugging underbite all adds to the quirky charm of this little monkey dog. Lucy is a 6 year old Brussels Griffon with the most expressive eyes I have ever seen and a loyal companion to her doting mom.


Like most Griffon's, Lucy is the true definition of a "Velcro" dog. What does that even mean, you may ask? Well, she is obsessed with her mom and has to be near her or to be able to see her at all times.


Lucy is not a fan of strangers, or really anyone outside of her immediate family. Lucky for me, I'm her #2 favorite person! I refer to myself as her "sisfur"/best friend and she loves coming over to my house to visit. With me she is quite affectionate and loves giving smooches and having me massage her.


My favorite trait of Lucy's is her human-like emotions. She is very empathetic to the other dogs and people around her. She seems to really sense when compassion is needed. My first Shih Tzu Lola suffered from Chronic Renal Disease. Lucy would always lay next to her to cuddle and place her front "arm" over Lola to comfort her like a human would do.


When Molly was first adopted, Lucy took her under her wing, per se, and immediately showed Molly the ins and outs of her new life. Molly's transition from a puppy mill survivor to a loved member of her family was greatly influenced by Lucy.


My family had never encountered a Brussels Griffon or knew much about them before Lucy. We have come to adore this interesting little breed and now follow many on social media. We have also attended Brussels Griffon meet ups here in Ohio the past two years.


You can find out more about Brussels Griffons through the National Brussels Griffon Rescue.


2 comments:

  1. That picture of Lucy with her arm around Lola had me in tears. I had no idea she was so in tune with the emotions of others. What a very special girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Monique. Lucy is very empathetic and in tune with the emotions of both people and pups.

      Delete