Pages

Saturday, July 8, 2017

BlogPaws Conference 2017

I attended my first BlogPaws conference before having an actual blog. I was on the fence about starting one mainly due to my feelings of anxiety about not knowing how or where to begin.

The whole crew modeling Koa Bear Bandanas. Bijou's hair bow: PawPawRazziReady.

Until now, I have considered myself a “microblogger” since my main platform is Instagram. At the moment the @fluffdogcrew account has exceeded 58k followers. I enjoy taking photos, reviewing products and engaging with those who follow the account. I just knew that there was more to do! More opportunities to show who we are and to discuss topics more extensively that I am passionate about.

Bijou learning about blogging.
BlogPaws was held in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina this year. I went on my own, no fluff dogs in tow. I was excited to meet a few of my favorite Instagram friends in person for the first time while there. I had the opportunity to network in person, a lot of different pet companies and learn about all the products they offer.

 Marla @loveakasha, Alison @sarcastic.dog and me.
Most of the sessions were for seasoned bloggers and were totally out of my wheel house, but even those were ones I found to be beneficial. Being pushed out of my comfort zone really inspired me to go bigger. My goals became more apparent and I wanted to come back to BlogPaws 2018 with a lot more experience and knowledge.

Dr. Buzby, Alicia Halloran @odieseyes and me.
The conference was great being with so many other people who are passionate about animals. I found the instances where I was just having conversations during meals and other down times to be the most rewarding. Being about to bounce off ideas, talking about personal experiences and both giving and receiving advice was priceless.

I purchased my ticket for the next BlogPaws being held in Kansas City, Missouri in April 2018. That leaves me about 10 months to get this blog of ours up and running. I look forward to being to keep learning to ins and outs of blogging from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment